I took the morning off today to be on hand to wrangle Zigs and the Donkeys for Dr. Arlitt. Today's dockett included a teeth float and annual vacs for Zigs, brain surgery and a booster for Kanny, and an anti-pregnancy shot for Marie. We're pretty sure Kanny didn't manage to breed her, but the shot is all of $15.00, and I think that my peace of mind is worth that. Our pasture is a bit crowded at this point, and if we're going to add another equine to it, I want it to be Zhizhu's horse. We're also in the process of selling off more of our goat herd to free up some more room. We've already sold a couple, and we have some people interested in a few more. Anyway, Kanemura was a very good boy about his brain surgery. Of course from the looks of it, the only real tricky part about brain surgery is getting the sedation in, and making sure they go down easy, but he was a pretty good boy about that as well.
Zigs was a bit difficult about getting his teeth floated, since we did it in his stall and not at the stockade in the vet clinic, so the vet tech had to do a little more work to keep his head still. But other than that, it was a supremely uneventful vet visit. I asked Dr. Arlitt about Zig's body condition, and she said he looked pretty good now. I also told her that I'd like to put about 50 more pounds on him, and she said that he was doing ok, and that in this heat it's going to be very difficult to put more weight on him, and since he is in fairly good form, not to worry too much about it until it got a little warmer. I won't be riding him tonight, I figure between the two awesome rides we had this weekend, and the vet checkup today that he's earned a day off. He'll return to service tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment