skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Special Guest Rider!
Well, as alluded to in the previous post, tonight, Zhi rode Zigs. It was really interesting watching my horse go with somebody else at the reins. One of the things I immediately noticed was at the walk, he seems to no longer be brushing his fetlocks, which is very good. I must also brag on my boy. (Oh come on, you knew this was coming.) Zigs was a fantastic boy for Zhi, and he took really good care of her. I'm sure you can read a full writeup on her blog, but I must also report that the lion's share of the time at the walk, Zhi had him nice and round and on the bit. One other thing I found interesting was that Zhi had a bit of difficulty getting him to trot. I was a bit concerned that he may be off or something, so I hopped up on him real quick and asked for trot. Sure enough, I got it, and Zigs wasn't off at all, so I let Zhi back on, and she tried again. It took a bit for them to calibrate, but Zhi eventually got him to trot off. Zhi seemed to enjoy her ride, Zigs carted her around like a champ, and I enjoyed watching my horse go. In short, everybody wins!
No comments:
Post a Comment